September 15, 2010

the power of blogging indeed

anne marie writes a blog pirtti and she and i have been reading each other's blogs for awhile now. anne-marie's a weaver (weavers always command my respect because i found weaving so darn hard) and she lives in new york (and people who live in new york always command my envy!) so when anne-marie said she'd pop into erica tanov to check out my new pieces and i thought "oh, that's nice of her", but look what popped up on pirtti just then!


despite the internet being so ingrained in life now, it's still such a buzz to think that that scarf was hanging off my knitting machine just a little while ago, and then on my washing line and now it's around someone's neck in new york and i get to see it! in addition, one of the things that make me love certain designers is how they will include details that allow you to wear a piece in your own unique way. i've tried to cultivate this in my own work and i adore seeing people wear my pieces in ways that i haven't explored. in this case i love the way anne-marie has tied the ribbon in such a girlish way.  thanks for the positive report anne-marie. very happy!