July 07, 2011

old school

this is going to be a week of doing all the things that i have been meaning to but can never make the time. my body's been under a lot of strain the last few months with all the knitting and i've finally found someone who seems to be able to help me address the pain i've been experiencing. apparently my hips and pelvis have been out of alignment for years (probably brought on by a lot of horse riding when i was younger), causing my whole body to be out of whack and they were basically pulled back into place this morning. i have to rest this week, which is going to be pretty hard because i have a lot on my plate right now, but i'd rather play it safe than regret it later.

so one of the things i've been wanting to do is scan some of my old negatives. they've been stored in a folder for years and are getting very squashed and stuck together. some of them must be at least 15 years old, judging by the photos above of alexander, who at 23 was older than me and i thought was so grown up and wise (ha!). these were the days when i shot black and white film and processed the negatives and images myself. needless to say, a lot of them didn't work out but i thought i'd share some of my favourites over the next few days.