July 28, 2011

seven things about dressing

funny how things turn out - when i started this blog i thought it would be all about clothes and fashion, but as it turns out, i've realised that i prefer to talk about cats and food and photography. but shipbuilding has very kindly tagged me with 'seven things about dressing' so this is the perfect excuse to get all my clothes out and do a gratuitous clothing post. the reason partly for not much posting about fashion is maybe because i've well and truly entered that oft quoted period of knowing what suits me and buying quality over quantity. this means less experimentation + less clothes buying = boring posts! but i still have a huge love for clothing and am on the continual lookout for pieces that will make my heart do cartwheels. so...
 
 1. coats - big and boxy. they might make me look like a bag lady but i don't care.

2. hats - i'm slowly building up my collection.
 

 3. big on checks (and stripes)
 

 4. and pattern. i'm still disappointed that i wasn't a very good screen printer.
 

5. knitwear - nowadays it's mostly the pieces that didn't make the cut.   


6. bags - i have a heap that i've made myself (like the one in the middle) but i also have a rennes tote and a balenciaga.

7. shoes - flats, flats and more flats. maybe some heels when i'm not feeling lazy.

that's it!
i tag danica, maria and mani.