January 19, 2009

Casa Vogue N.30

As much as I love fashion, for me there is no better magazine than Casa Vogue, the interiors supplement that sometimes comes shrink wrapped in with Italian Vogue and overseen by Franca Sozzani. It strikes the perfect balance of all the things I love; whimsy, melancholia, a touch of kitsch, a certain spookiness, and of course, beautiful houses. I wish I could find a fashion equivalent - the closest I've come to it is No. D Magazine featuring Oliver Theyskens.

Casa Vogue also seems supremely sophisticated and eclectic without overbearing pretension. It's as rare as hen's teeth and then there can be the agonising wait for the sea mail edition to arrive, hence these images are from the October edition I just picked up.





(Story on Jean Cocteau at Villa Santo Sospir)







(The Pixie House, Mitry-Mory, Paris)