June 25, 2011

wrap up this week

happy to report i am back on track- i made good headway into two new samples, which makes me feel infinitely better. i bought the new apartamento, which only recently came into the shop. each new edition cements it further as my favourite magazine. i picked up a very cute (and free) publication from incu. although it is a fashion store you have to love that they've put the focus on food in their pages. and also, everytime i visit the men's store the staff are so incredibly friendly. i hope they have nice people in their new women's store too. a lovely postcard to stick up on my wall from kiehl's, some new black and white film and a gratuitous inclusion of my contax t2. oh, and some check fabric from the tessuti sale. i'm tempted to make a dress inspired by this for myself.

 inside apartamento - thinking of lopping a couple of inches off my hair so it might look like this.

 inside incu publication

a while ago i planted a lot of cuttings into boring plastic pots until the roots took. recently i transferred the more successful ones into proper pots. i was amazed that as soon as i did this they started to shoot and put out flowers even more. it reminded me that when things are given love and attention they bloom (no pun intended).

also, have a look at julia's new site. she's done an incredible job and everything looks so appealing. if she she had the enkidu dress in my size i'd snap it up.

happy weekend everyone.