July 17, 2012

then there were two


 it feels like this year has been quite a difficult one and this month is turning out to be a shocker. i've had so many delivery delays and technical difficulties in sampling in the past weeks that i'm way behind schedule and my budget is in pieces. my studio pictures might look calm but machine knitting is a dusty, noisy, physically draining exercise and my body is a wreck at the end of each day. i've been procrastinating but i'm reaching the point where i seriously need to reconsider how i produce my work. 

those are ongoing issues but i spent this afternoon printing and delivering flyers in our area because primo has gone missing. in all the ten years we have had him this has never happened before. he's always in and out of the studio, lazing in the sun or i can see him chasing birds and butterflies from my window. at 4pm sharp he's in for dinner. ezra doesn't know what to do with himself and i had to put his basket on my table while i worked today as he won't leave my side. 

the rayman is in new york for a short break following a work trip and it feels quite overwhelming to be dealing with all of these things at once. i hope i'll have some good news soon.